Last Sunday me and ping joined fleawhere market to sell off our pre-loved clothes. We managed to clear off most of our clothes and left a few pieces that we sent straight to h&m for their recycle program.
We didn’t expect to earn any just be able to covered the rental of the booth will be good enough at the end we did plus some return. However it’s not the money that matter but the lesson after this, very obvious we do not need so much clothes in our life. Most of it was worn less than 2 times and some are even brand new with tag, why i like to buy clothes so much? i’m sure God don’t favor this habit of mine, a habit that i grown up with women in my family just love to spurge in clothing so it become a norm and seems nothing wrong.
We just buy and buy and buy at the same time we keep creating more and more waste! At one point i’m so angry at myself at the flea looking how those clothes i brought was sold at such a low price and even when you offer them free, people may not want it! Why do i buy and not want to wear? what wrong with me? After I’ve down-sized 50% of my wardrobe i do feel better and less guilty, for the time being i do NOT need new clothes to fill up the space i hope i don’t in the future.
So i’ve set my goal for next year – buy less and use more of what i have! it’s more a less confirm that we wouldn’t be having a storeroom and that may be first step that God’s plan for us to change our lifestyle. No storeroom meaning we can’t buy repetitive items, no storage for extra stuff, also means that we need think think think before purchase make! This week i’m going to un-follow those account that just keep sharing what they buy or want to buy or whatever reviews those shall be a poison to me for now. Then are those mailers sadly part of job is email marketing so i can’t unsubscribe all.
Other than stop buying clothes for myself i shall stop for Chloe, she’s doesn’t need much clothes too. Why a child need so much clothes when they stay at home most of the time? a good question to me!So no black friday/cybermonday or whatever boxing day sales for me unless for something we don’t have and really need it. From now on i shall only buy things/toys that benefit Chloe growth, for education purpose while clothes help nothing in these for sure. I’m pretty sure i want to be a minimalist starting next year and it start at my new home!
part of this minimalist potential list that i ticked off.
- If you can’t stop giving stuff away, and your dog is worried that he’s next, you might be a minimalist.
- If a friend asks you to go shopping, and you would rather go to the dentist (cafe), you might be a minimalist.
- If you don’t want your parents/friends to stop by your yard sale, because you are selling their stuff or things they gifted you, you might be a minimalist.
- If you have more free time than ever before, you might be a minimalist.
- If you have ever used a car share service, you might be a minimalist.
- If you are curious about living with less than 100 things, you might be a minimalist.
- If clutter makes you crazy, you might be a minimalist.
- If people who can fit all of their belongings in a backpack inspire you, you might be a minimalist. (a zero waste lifestyle really interest me too!)
- If you schedule time for nothing, you might be a minimalist.
- If words like trinket and souvenir make you cringe, you might be a minimalist.
- If you spend more time thinking of ways to reduce your overhead than ways to make money, you might be a minimalist.
Being a minimalist means you value yourself more than material things. It means making decisions based on what you need instead of getting everything you want. It does not mean the things you buy are cheap. It means they are something you need, regardless of how much they cost.
A person can decide how much of a minimalist lifestyle they want to lead. They can do it in stages as well. Most people begin by going through their home and getting rid of things they no longer need. Over time, they are able to pare their life down to a much more minimalist style. source
I’m so looking forward~ wish me luck!